Therefore, it’s a top priority for any small business to have a website. If you do not have an online presence, then chances are these customers, clients, buyers, sellers etc. who are looking to buy, sell, or rent may not be able to find and reach you. You may lose all that business to someone else.
Moreover, having an online presence does not mean that you have to sell things online. Instead, you can also highlight your products, services, properties, etc. online so that these buyers, customers, and clients can find you and your products and services that you may be selling / offering.
In addition, having a professional looking and search engine friendly website is a must for any business because your website may be the first chance you have at making a good impression on these buyers, customers, clients etc.
It’s also true that it is better to have no website at all if it isn’t able to make that first good impression. Therefore, think twice before you start shopping for your website because it’s a valuable investment and the best tool for your business growth.
Here are a few things you may want to know before getting a website and putting it online:
- Your domain name must be short and must have at least one of your business keywords in it. Never use numbers in your domain.
- The website must be optimized and SEO friendly.
- The website must be responsive and look good on all devices.
- The website must highlight all products and services your business has to offer.
- The website must have an intelligent way to keep track of your site visitors. A dashboard where you can see how many unique visitors are coming to your site, how they are getting onto your site, for how long they are staying on your site, which pages they visited, etc. is most ideal.
- The website must have an auto verification tool which can verify contact information automatically of any lead it generates. It will save you time and make sure if any lead is solid or if it was just spam.
- A better hosting company. Don’t fall for cheap hosting companies as they can ruin your website performance and rank in search engines.
There is a lot more to know, but these are just a few important things to know before creating an online presence.
There are many web design companies out there. Some of them are good and some of them are not—plus, some of them are way too expensive. But, there are still some good companies out there which are very affordable and can provide you a beautiful and productive website for a lot less money than someone else who may want to charge you more for the same.
Therefore, when you shop for your website, make sure you are in good hands. At the same time, make sure your website has everything it needs to save you the time and to keep the spammers away.
Also, never ever get an incomplete website, as sometimes people do—with 3-5 pages for their business just to save money. Saving a little money sometimes costs more in the long run. So, always get a complete website which offers everything and helps in creating a strong online presence—bringing in more revenue.
Conclusion: Online presence is a must for any small business. When you get a website, make sure it’s an eye catching, fast, search engine friendly, secure, and a productive website. Saving a little money could result in a big loss.